Molding Safety Precautions
- Always wear eye protection to protect against lead spatters.
- Wear gloves and a long sleeve shirt to protect your hands and arms from
burns and lead spatters.
- Never let water or moisture come in contact with molten lead. Moisture
will evaporate rapidly when contacting molten metal, causing it to pop and
- Use care when handling hot tools and castings.
- Work in a well-ventilated area. Lead can vaporize at elevated
temperatures. Exhaust fumes to the outside.
- Always wash your hands after handling lead so that lead is not transferred
to food or tobacco products that could be ingested.
- Do NOT allow small children in your work area or permit them to handle
your lead products.
- Keep your work area clean.
OTHER LEAD LINKS